Saturday, March 8, 2008

More knitty goodness

My addiction to handspun yarn (especially plied patchworky ones) is consuming me. I have been trying to come up with simple, basic things that I can make out of them with less than ~140 yards. One of my first knitting projects that wasn't a simple garter stitch scarf was this camera cozy. Unfortunately, it is freakishly fine yarn (to me, anyway- I get nervous with anything less than worsted wait, but I am getting over it, slowly...). Well this stuff is probably sock weight, and the smallest needle I had was a 6, so it's loosey-goosey. But it gets the job done. Yarn by Moustache Rides Yarn at Etsy:
Front:
camera pouch front
Back:
camera pouch back

Another project: A scarflette (idea found on Crafster, somewhere...) with buttons. Yarn is one of my favorite handspuns so far- it's wool and recycled sari silk from Wooly Treasures on Etsy.

Pardon my cat's foot:
scarflette
Stitch closeup (I will never cease to be amused with the dainty V's)
scarflette closeup

That's all for now- I must start making some lavender sachets to keep my stash fresh...

No comments: