Sunday, May 11, 2008

sheesh!

First off, I just want to say that getting my paws on some Pigeonroof Studios roving must be even harder than getting Hannah Montana tickets. Not that I have tried getting Hannah Montana tickets, but that is the best analogy I can come up with. At least people aren't buying the roving only to sell it on Craigslist for 10x what they paid!

Anyway, I've been busy with keeping my apartment clean. Seriously, that is a full time job. I have actually done a lot of spinning this week though:

MOULIN- spun with some batts from Hobbledehoy, Loop, and Mandalinn, plus some stuff from my stash, plied with woolly nylon:
moulin handspun 4

MIDGEWATER- my first TRUE scrap yarn, spun from a thousand different batts and rovings, worsted to bulky weight:
midgewater yarn 5

COSTA RICA- I spun this sitting outside last weekend. Drop-dead gorgeous BFL from Allspunup, spun into a striking worsted weight single:
costa rica handspun 3

POODLE SKIRT- spun from a batt by The Ranch, super thick and plied with clear poly thread:
poodle skirt handspun

On the bobbin- SUGARCUBES roving by Hobbledehoy, spun into a worsted weight two-ply, ready to be crocheted into a baby hat/booties set for a coworker- stay tuned for FO pics SOON!
sugarcube handspun

Time to go rinse some roving and set it out to dry. I FINALLY got to dye some wool this weekend, it's been ages!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Porter said...

oh how luscious! Your yarns are gawgeous!