Saturday, February 2, 2008

Yay blog!

I decided a blog would be a great way to keep track of all the stuff I'm working on and have finished. I only started crocheting at the end of November, and I am already knitting and spinning and hoarding yarn & fiber like a fiend. It's slowly spiraling out of control, but I love it because I am constantly busy with a project, and learning as I go. Hooray!

This is my most recent completed project. I started it maybe 2 weeks ago, and the only reason it took that long to finish was because I was waiting on yarn shipments from my mom (I got the stuff in Kansas over my New Year's visit there- mom's Christmas present to me!) Anyway, it's a stupid simple blanket done all in single crochet with a Q hook, two strands held together. I used Lion Brand's Homespun in Baroque & Tudor. I made it to go with my dark purple couch, so I thought the combination of the baroque and creams & multicolor of the Tudor would compliment each other nicely. If I grab more yarn, I might put a border around it, but here it is:


And here is a picture with helper cat, Gus:


No comments: