Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hats!

After a couple of rectangular things and some slippers, I decided to try crocheting hats next. It turned out to be so fast and easy that I made the first in one night, and then did one for my boyfriend and some for the girls at work. They are all made using basically the same simple pattern with minor adjustments based on yarn weight and head size:

The first is mine, made with Bernat Black Lites in Cherry Chill- such an awesome color combo:

Next is Wool-Ease thick-n-quick in charcoal and sky, for the BF (first time trying out a color change):

And one more for a girl at work, using JoAnn's Sensations- Licorice, with a red heart patch:


OK, there's my hat spammage. I made another like the above using the same yarn but in a pink/purple color combo instead. I think I was a little off-put by the thick-n-thin nature of the yarn, especially while trying to make something dimensional like a hat, but it mostly just meant that the straps were a little kinky.

No comments: