Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Four Seasons

This is really two blog posts smashed into one, because I have a few things I want to share but not enough time to blog about each. I'm super busy getting ready for the Hoosier Hills Fiber Art Festival in Franklin, Indiana this weekend- in fact, we leave tomorrow afternoon- yikes! But before I go, I wanted to share a few new colorways I've whipped up in the past couple of weeks. They are inspired by the colors of an orchard during the four seasons of the year- spring, summer, autumn and winter:

Four Seasons

From top left: Spring Orchard, Summer Orchard, Autumn Orchard, and Winter Orchard, available in my Etsy shop!

The second thing I want to say, and I'll put it bluntly- this oil spill is really pissing me off. An area that was already shaken down and damaged not 5 years ago by a natural disaster is getting slapped by an environmental disaster that makes my stomach turn.


(Picture ganked from NY Daily News)

I'm torn between wanting to help and wanting to stand by, shaking my fist, waiting for the multi-billion dollar corporation clean up the mess. But I think it's bigger than them, and us. So I've decided that for the entire month of June, 15% of all sales from my Etsy shop will be donated to the International Bird Rescue Research Center. Maybe we can raise enough money to adopt a pelican. In July, I'll find another organization to support. A small difference made is better than no difference at all.

2 comments:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

You're right - doing a little something is better than doing nothing at all. And helping animals is probably one of the best things you can do for an environmental disaster like this.

Emily said...

Now I really have to make a purchase of your lovely stuff after payday of course. ;)