I got tagged by Rawfish!
Here's the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself. (See below)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (See further below...)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I like bad jokes. I like any jokes, really. I can't go 30 minutes without saying something sarcastic, or trying to make someone laugh during the course of a normal conversation. It's like I'm Chandler from Friends. I wonder sometimes if people get it, or they just think I'm an idiot.
2. I'd be completely content locking myself in my apartment for an entire weekend, doing nothing but watching X-Files, spinning yarn, eating pizza, and drinking wine. Actually, I pretty much do that every chance I get. Everyone thinks I'm an extrovert, but I'm a classic introvert- I need "me" time almost constantly. My boyfriend is the only person I can be around 24/7- the only other person I can be "alone" with, if that makes sense.
3. I'm kind of a wino. Not in a 12-steps kind of way, but in a "what would I do if I couldn't afford to drink wine every night" kind of way. I should just say I'm a hedonist and I somehow manage to balance out all my lushing about with being productive and ambitious. I'm not one of those people who tells themselves "no", although I should probably try that sometime.
4. I realized this past year that I've become terrified of driving. This is probably due to the fact that because I live in a city without a car, I haven't driven anything anywhere for over 3 years. The thought of driving down the highway with all those speedfreaks cutting people off and not signaling makes me hyperventilate.
5. I love to cook. I love eating at fancy restaurants and then trying to make whatever I ate at home. I would rather slave over dinner for 2 hours than eat fast food. Sure, I still break down and get delivery or takeout if I'm super busy, lazy, or the kitchen is empty, but I've gotten to a point where I'm kind of a food snob. On the food topic, I eat like a vegetarian 85% of the time and don't eat red meat or pork, except once a year at the office holiday party when I have a giant expensive cut of filet mignon. I can't afford to eat red meat worth eating, so I savor it when it's on someone else's dollar.
6. I have really broad tastes when it comes to movies and music. I love electronic lullaby music as much as I like ridiculous industrial and heavy metal. I love horror movies of any flavor. I like the "dark" stuff, but you'll also catch me watching Disney movies. There are few things that really scare me or gross me out. I have a lot of fun trying to find those things. Movies that really push the envelope are my favorite.
Ok, maybe those are some lame factoids but it's hard to think up these things, and even hard to type with a cat on your keyboard. I'm not sure who's left to tag, but if are reading this and haven't done this yet, consider yourself tagged!
And here's a gratuitous batt picture: