Thursday, June 19, 2008

countdown...

My vacation officially starts in one week and half a day. I'm already looking at the lists of wineries and trying to determine a wine budget (2 cases for about $300 - eep!) BUT I'm saving so much money by not flying anywhere/not staying in a hotel/etc. so I might just do it. I'm so excited to see real live cypress trees.

Oh, in case I didn't mention it before, I'm going to Southern Illinois with my boyfriend, to run around the woods he grew up in. It's a cheap thrill for a girl like me who's wild at heart but has been in the city for far, far too long.

In other news, I got another customer appreciation photo!



This was spun by Claire de Lune out of my "Tart" roving.

Speaking of yarn, I started handpainting yarn. I think I'm pleased with the results so far, and I'll have more fun trying new things this weekend- since I have 16 skeins waiting for me in the living room ;)

yarn pile

I should have more BFL here tomorrow, so I'll get in one more huge weekend of dyeing before I'm off for a week. I think I'll dye some skeins for myself to take on the trip- duh, I'm bringing my wheel, could I live without it for a week? ;)

No comments: