Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring? Is that you?!

This weekend has been #%&@ gorgeous. Saturday morning I got to volunteer at the Ginkgo Organic Gardens in Uptown. It was the first work-day of the season, and it could not have been nicer (last year it was snowing!) There are so many things I like about that place, namely being outside, gardening for a cause, and hanging out with awesome people. Seriously, what more could you ask for?? When I got home, I cleaned up the kitchen and started dyeing up some more roving (Falkland, this time.) It's still drying in the bathroom right now, so I should have pics of it soon.

Today was just as beautiful, so the BF and I went to Vella Cafe for his birthday breakfast, and then shopping for food and garden supplies. I think I'm going to do a bunch of herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, lettuce, and flowers. I also bought a raspberry and a blackberry bush. I'm out of control! We started turning up the beds and lining them with brick so they look extra nice (and so the lawn maintenance people know to not weed-wack anything down!) I hope the landlord doesn't mind... I'll definitely post pics of it when everything is up and running.

I think now it's time for a glass of wine and a handful of fiber to spin up.

No comments: