Saturday, January 19, 2013

Progress


, originally uploaded by cloudlover69.

I was doing some cleaning the other day and I found this stuck in a book. A statement from 2008 for my biggest, ugliest student loan. I have these set up on auto pay so I usually just chuck the statements as they come in, only opening them once every few months to see how far The Number has gone down. I was pretty excited when I got a statement this month so I could compare it to this one from a few years back. I still have a long way to go, but seeing the numbers get smaller is heartening. This feels like a weird thing to post publicly, but I was interviewed by the Chicago Tribune about my student loan debt in the fall of 2012, so it's not that big of a secret, and I know that this number is not nearly as big as it is for some people.

No comments: